GameDayBoston has gone months without fulfilling their customers orders, and we are finally stepping up to the plate to stop them from continuing. If this is applicable to you or anyone you know then this post contains important information that may help you get your money back and force them to resolve their issues to be forced to stop taking orders.
To this day GameDayBoston is still promoting their products and accepting sales, but they haven’t paid their vendors in months nor have they fulfilled any orders. Please read through the following information and help initiate the movement to prevent them from continuing to victimize more customers.
Some questions you may be asking:
GameDayBoston never sent my order, can I get my money back?
It depends on when you placed your order. Unfortunately not everyone is able to get their money back due to deadlines to initiate disputes and chargebacks that are set by PayPal and your credit card provider. However, it will never hurt to give a call and ask or to report them anyways.
GameDayBoston only allows for transactions to occur via PayPal, so that leaves their consumers with the following two options to dispute the transaction and get a refund:
1) File a complaint with PayPal
- Use the link below to learn more about this option, however we do not recommend taking this action. If the PayPal account of the seller doesn’t have the funds available to cover the cost of the purchase, you may not get the entire amount back.
2) Initiate a chargeback through your credit/debit card provider
- This is the option that we highly recommend. You will not have to wait for PayPal to make a decision, you will not be subjected to a bogus counterclaim from the seller, and you will typically have the money returned to your account of the charge removed from your statement immediately. Just look on the back of the card you used to make your purchase and there will be a number for you to call and report them.
Can I do anything to stop GameDayBoston from doing this to others?
We truly find it unbelievable that a company is able to go months without fulfilling orders or paying vendors while continuing to operate and take sales. With the holiday season already here and people beginning to do shopping for their family and friends, it is not right for GameDayBoston to still have their doors open to take in more victims. We can’t sit back and watch them continue to take advantage customer after customer and do nothing about it, below are some resources that we encourage you to use to get the ball rolling with reporting GameDayBoston.
1) Contact the Office of the Maine Attorney General
- GameDayBoston.com is owned by GameDay, LLC, which is organized in the state of Maine.
- You can email the Attorney General (we recommend sending them a link to this post and explaining your story) at email@example.com.
- Or you can call them between 9 am – 12 noon and 1 pm – 4 pm, Monday – Friday, at 207-626-8849 or toll-free at 1-800-436-2131.
2) Contact the Fair Trade Commission (FTC)
- We also recommend the FTC based on the following rule located on their website:
- “By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn’t clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.” – http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules
- To file a complaint against GameDayBoston to the FTC just follow this link and tell them your information and story -> https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=%23%26panel1-6#crnt
3) Contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- To file a complaint to the IC3 just follow this link and tell them your information and story -> http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
4) Contact the local news
- 7News WHDH had contacted GameDayBoston via Facebook, but we have yet to see a report or warning advising their viewers to stay away from GameDayBoston. Please reach out to their investigative journalists at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to show them this post so they see it’s not just a random complaint, but hundreds of customers for thousands of dollars.
It’s unfortunate to see what was once a thriving and caring business turn into what it is now, but it’s unacceptable for GameDayBoston to continue to accept orders that they aren’t capable of fulfilling. Please join us and help with the effort to prevent future victims.