We promised to let everyone know by 11/22 what the resolution plan to fix the unfulfilled orders from GameDay Boston was going to be. We had hoped to have this communicated much earlier in the day, so we do apologize for keeping you waiting.
Please review the information below regarding our plan. If you have any questions please post them in the comments section below.
On 11/15/2014 we closed a deal to buy all of the assets owned by GameDay, LLC, the former owner of GameDayBoston.com. In addition to acquiring the assets we also made the decision to obligate ourselves to fix every order from 5/1/2014 through 11/15/2014 that the previous owner did not fulfill. After spending the past week analyzing all the data we could get our hands on we have identified 340 individuals who are owed 505 t-shirts, long-sleeve shirts, hooded sweatshirts, or other merchandise.
On the evening on 11/22 we reached out to everyone who we identified as being owed merchandise. If you never received your order or part of your order from GameDay Boston and you didn’t receive an email from us (please check your spam and promotions folders first) then please use the applicable form below:
- We are currently developing a separate system for us to track and manage all of the outstanding orders.
- When the system is complete you will be able to log-in using the following from your original GameDayBoston order: Order ID, email, billing zip code. When you log-in the system will allow you to select from a variety of designs for you to replace your order with.
- Majority of the designs that were on GameDayBoston are also available on 617Apparel, however we may be unable to fulfill your original order. If the design(s) you originally ordered is not available then we ask that you please select from a different design that will be available. If the design you originally ordered is available but you would like a different design instead, then please note that you are not obligated to your original order and you will be able select whatever design you want.
- This system and process will be completed by early December.
Quick note about the system and what your original order will look like:
After we identified every individual that was owed an order, we stripped the order details of everything except for the type of shirt (t-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, hooded sweatshirt). We had to do this because we can’t guarantee to fulfill the exact order you originally had, but you will be able to select from a variety of designs for each shirt type that you are owed.
Once the system is ready…
In early December when the system is ready and we have added all the data, you will have the following options:
- Receive your order by Christmas – Choose between 5-6 designs – GUARANTEED!
- Christmas is already a month away and if your order was bought as a Christmas gift then we are accepting the challenge of guaranteeing you a delivered package before Christmas.
- When the aforementioned system is implemented we will notify everyone that is owed an order. You will have approximately one week to log-in and select from 5-6 designs for each shirt type.
- Because there is so much to do and so little time between now and Christmas, we have to limit the selection to 5-6 designs in order for us to be able to guarantee delivery by Christmas. We will be offering some of our most popular designs.
- Defer until after the holidays – Choose from over 20 designs
- If you are not in a rush and have your heart set on a specific design but it isn’t offered in the first option, then you can either elect to defer or just take no action by the first option deadline.
- All orders that are deferred will be opened in early 2015 for you to select from our collection of designs.
- Please note that not every design that we sell will be available. You will be able to select from any of the 20+ designs that are printed and shipped by 617 Apparel. We will make sure you are aware of all the options prior to asking you to select your option.
- Can I receive a refund instead of a replacement order?
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide refunds. We are doing this because we believe it’s the right and ethical thing for anyone in our position to do, but we are not able to afford the costs of issuing refunds to everyone on behalf of the previous owner.
- Will every shirt be available to choose from?
- If you select the option to receive your order before Christmas then you will be able to select from 5-6 of our popular designs. If you choose to defer then you will be able to select from any design that is printed and shipped by 617 Apparel. We will make sure you are aware of all the options prior to asking you to select your option.
- Why is the cutoff set to May 1, 2014?
- Based on the responses to our inquiries of the previous vendors and suppliers of GameDay Boston and based on our review of all the evidence we were able to obtain, we noted that process failures didn’t start until late July.
- If you placed an order prior to May 1, 2014 and didn’t receive an order then you can follow this link and request a review. We will not be able to guarantee a resolution before Christmas, but we will try to make up for the wrongs done by the previous owner. The deadline to apply for a review is Sunday November 30, 2014, no exceptions will be made.
- I never received my order and I didn’t get an email to inform me that I was owed an order. What should I do?
- All hope is not lost! Follow this link and please complete the form so that we can review your order. When providing the details, please be as concise as you possibly can. The deadline to apply for a review is Sunday November 30, 2014, no exceptions will be made.
- Why are you doing this?
- We are firm believers in the doing well by doing good motto. We are in business to provide quality apparel and treat our customers with the appreciation they deserve. We hope that this can be the start of a long relationship with each customer we are helping.
It’s extremely unfortunate that it had to come to this for over 300 people to get the apparel they ordered. However we are committed to making things right for everyone who was left in the dark for weeks or months following their order. The customer always comes first and we stand strong behind the motto of doing well by doing good.
We hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving, and our next update will be coming after the holiday weekend!
The 617 Apparel Team